Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Clothes Dilema

clothes. i have a really tough time with clothes. i hate clothes shopping. i hate trying on clothes. i am terrible with style. i prefer comfort. my go to style is black leggings, dress/long top, and brown boots. tim calls this look "the Theresa" and i chuckle, but totally agree with him.

i have a hard time buying clothes for myself that fit right. i don't like tight things. however, i've been having problems with clothing that is too big for me... especially the bottoms. and especially my workout clothes.

i have plenty of extra large and large sizes of shorts. however, within the last month or so, i have been having some trouble keeping my shorts up on my runs. i have to run with one hand holding my shorts up until i get sweaty enough for them to stick and stay up on their own... gross. i know. this happened during my 10 miles on Broad Street...it took 3 miles for me to sweat enough for my shorts to stay up!

i told tim i needed to buy new exercise shorts, but didn't know if i should buy the medium. it would be tight. i don't like tight. but i also am getting annoyed running with one hand holding my shorts up. so on sunday, i went shopping and tried on two pairs of Nike exercise shorts.  i tried the medium on first. they felt tight. i tried on the large Nike exercise shorts. they felt comfortable, but i knew deep down, i would be holding them up when i went running. i got over my fear of tighter feeling shorts and bought the mediums.

i went for my first run sunday night for six miles in my medium shorts. and for the first time, i ran with both hands swinging at my sides from the beginning of my run to the end of my run. those shorts are definitely tight... and i'm sure it is a sight to see... which is why i am thankful that i have my treadmill in my basement. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...