Tuesday, January 7, 2014

cookies and a potty.

i love being a teacher. it is a very busy job and can be challenging... but at the same time, very rewarding.

this morning, i was checking in homework, taking attendance, paying my students for their jobs, and organizing the day when one of my students came up to me with two cookies in a sandwich bag. i know those cookies were for her lunch, but out of the kindness of her heart, she gave them to me. i told her that she should eat them for her lunch. but she looked at me and said, no, i want you to have them. so i thanked her over and over again... and told her i couldn't wait to eat them. i placed them on my desk and continued with the morning.

after lunch, the little sweet pea asked me if i enjoyed the cookies. i told her that i was saving them for later to eat. and that seemed to make her happy. i looked at those cookies all day on my desk. they looked delicious. especially, since my lunch didn't quite fill me the way i had hoped. 

at the end of the day, i placed the cookies in my school bag to bring home. i didn't have the heart to throw them away at school since i knew she really wanted me to have them. i took a nibble of one for dessert tonight and put it back in the sandwich bag. 
the december theresa would have inhaled those two cookies and not thought twice about it. now those cookies are sitting on my kitchen table. looks like someone else may be enjoying those cookies. 

maybe this guy will get a bite of a cookie when he uses his potty! we are on the road of potty training!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Landon! What kind of potty did you get for him?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...