Monday, May 14, 2012

38 week check up and a finished nursery!

went for my weekly check up. i have been getting really excited about going to the doctors lately... my appointments have been going great and i get to check in on my little baby and that heart beat.

maybe i was a little too excited at my check up today...i was shocked when i was told that my blood pressure was high. they had me lay on my side for thirty minutes or so... checked the blood pressure, and it was still high. so off they sent me to labor and delivery at the hospital to monitor baby and me.

surprisingly, i wasn't nervous or upset. i just walked myself into the hospital and checked myself in. i got to watch and listen to the baby heart beat for an hour! my blood pressure was perfect for the hour 104/68...way lower than when i was at the doctors 150/110 the hour before! all blood tests came back great and no protein was found. so i was sent home only to check in with the doctor again on thursday. such a crazy day!

we are in the final countdown! what do you think... boy or girl? pick a date... I am thinking Memorial Day weekend but most of my family think some time this week! ha!

ending this blog update with pictures from the nursery. we just finished it over the weekend!



 (I am giving all the credit to Tim and the decals... i just sat in the rocker and directed him where to put them!)

7 comments:

  1. The nursery looks AMAZING!! And my vote is that it's a boy and it will be May 21st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! You are going to be a great mommy and I predict a healthy baby being bon when he or she feels ready to come into the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say girl...and May 26th

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad your bp is back to normal - nursery looks great! I still say girl and i say...May 23rd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nursery! Its going to be a girl and she better wait til Memorial day weekend so I can be there at the hospital!!
    -Kim
    You are doing great Theresa! So proud of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...