i woke up this morning with another list of chores to do... from laundry to organizing our closets and cabinets (i am getting good at this wife thing, huh?)
after some cleaning i decided to take a lunch break. i made a tuna fish sandwich on a Thomas Everything Bagel Thin with tomato and onion. the whole lunch was about 460 calories!
one of my hobbies is blogging... but another hobby i have is reading other people's blogs. it is better than reality television! i really get a clear picture of how a person lives their lives with ups and downs. one blog i follow religiously, had an AWESOME recipe for peanut butter granola. i had to try it:
Peanut Butter Granola (Makes four 1/4 c. servings)
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
- Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 8 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
- Let cool until granola is crunchy.