Saturday, November 3, 2018

A Runner.

i got pretty quiet when school started back up again at the end of august... and even more quieter after the half marathon in september. i'm not exactly sure why... one reason for sure is because i didn't want to annoy everyone with my running. i fell back in love with it again after such a long break from it. i never thought i would be a runner again, and having the opportunity to be healthy and race has been... well... FUN! it feels like i never stopped.

i also was never shy about posting my weight. i've been as high as 218 pounds pregnant. and i stayed around 197 pounds for five years until i took the 100 days of no sugar challenge almost two years ago now. that is when my lifestyle started to change. i realized i had a huge sugar addiction and that sugar was causing my weight gain and the difficulty to lose. i had no problem sharing my weight loss. posting updates. cheering for losses. frustrated with gains. i loved sharing all that over the past two years. but then... the end of august hit. and something happened...i dropped a good amount of weight quickly. with no crazy dieting. just running and eating healthy. i think i broke the plateau i was sitting at and it really surprised me! eating healthy has come so easily to me with my new love of running. and as i continue to eat healthy and run... weight continues to come off. for some reason, i am having a harder time posting my weight the lower i go than the higher i go. another reason i may have been a little quieter.

looking back, i wish i wrote more over the past couple months. my goal in september was to make it to christmas without gaining 20 pounds. fall is the hardest time of year for me. it can be stressful with a new school year. stress means food. it can be fun with fall and holiday activities. fun means food and drinks. running has helped with the stress. running has helped with the fun. i don't mind having some fun with food because in the back of my mind, i am exercising and being healthy. balance. i think i am finally understanding how to have a healthy relationship with food.

i'm hoping to update this blog a little more. i'm hoping to share the path i have been on since june that led me to where i am today... my lowest weight.  i am also hoping to write about the strategies i used and am currently using to help keep me exercising and eating healthy.  it is a lifestyle change... and i'm hoping i can keep this change going for as long as i can.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'll look forward to reading how you did it. I have yet to get there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...